The Cambridge Building Society kicks off new fundraising year with communi-tea event
26 January 2018 • Community
On Monday The Cambridge Building Society launched its 2018 fundraising year.
The four new charity partners; Wintercomfort, The Sick Children’s Trust, Arthur Rank and Teenage Cancer Trust came together with team leaders from The Cambridge for its annual communi-tea launch event.
Following tea and lunch the charities were invited to give a short presentation on who they are and how the fundraising will benefit them. Fundraising support needs ranged from £30 which will provide a night’s accommodation for a sick child’s family to £1,000 that will support one homeless person for a whole year.
This year The Cambridge’s Community Partnership Programme was adapted to focus on why The Cambridge was originally set up in 1850; to help provide homes for people. Therefore, two of the 2018 charities, Wintercomfort and The Sick Children’s Trust have a strong emphasis on homes and housing.
Abi Fuggle, Wintercomfort team leader comments; “We’re all really looking forward to working with the charities this year and we’ll be the first charity partnership from February to April. There were some great events last year and the most amount ever raised. We’re hoping to beat it this year and already have lots of ideas planned from a masters golf challenge to a sleep out.
“One of the other ways we’ll be supporting Wintercomfort will be helping provide training and support workshops on budget management, Linkedin and CV writing. We can’t wait to get started.”
Stephen Mitcham, Chief Executive concludes; “Our Community Partnership Programme is one of the reasons why we’re different as a business. Helping support the community is at the heart of what we do. It’s fantastic to see, once again, staff have volunteered themselves to take a leading role in developing these relationships with the charities.
“I have no doubt that we’ll see a great range of charity events over the year and hope to raise a good amount for the charities. I’m looking forward to seeing what events I can get involved with myself.”
For further information please contact Head of Marketing Carole Charter
on 01223 727 702 / 07423 432851 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
- Photo: Representatives from each charity join Stephen Mitcham (centre) and team leaders to launch the 2018 Community Partnership Programme
- Established in 1850, The Cambridge is an independent, mutual organisation which offers mortgages, savings, investments and more
- It is the 14th largest Building Society in the UK
- Customers are able to do business at a time and place that suits them whether this is through their intermediaries, branches, the Cambridge-based customer contact centre, online or via Mortgage Advisers who take appointments seven days a week
- The Society’s residential and Buy to Let mortgages are available on properties located in the following counties: Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Northamptonshire and Suffolk
- The Society works closely with Intermediaries to offer mortgages to people outside of its branch catchment area