Help Centre

Most popular FAQs

View all

What is an Approved Solicitors Panel?

Our Approved Solicitors Panel is made up of a group of solicitors we've worked with before and trust to act on your behalf. Take a look through the pdf to find a solicitor near to you. 

If you choose to appoint a firm that is not on our panel, we will require our own partner Solicitor to act on our behalf. You will be responsible for our legal fees in addition to your own legal fees. 

What is the interest on my Savings Account?

You can view the interest on your savings account at any time online once you've registered for our online services.

Alternatively take a look at this pdf to find out the interest rate for your variable savings account where the product is no longer available. 

If you're looking for the interest rate for a savings account that is currently available take a look at our savings products here.

Sort code changes
What is your new sort code?

Our new sort code is: 20-17-55

What charges might I incur with my Cambridge Mortgage

There may be fees associated with your mortgage from getting it to changing or ending it. We want to make sure you understand the fees that may apply to you, so, we've worked with the Council of Mortgage Lenders and Which? to show these clearly, take a look at the pdf to see all our fees. 

My Solicitor isn't on your panel, can they join it?

Solicitors that are using Lender Exchange can join our panel. They'll need to log in at and apply to join there. 

Solicitors not on Lender Exchange can call them on 0344 244 3784 to discuss the application process.

Can I view my mortgage account online?

You can view all your accounts with The Cambridge via our website or money app – it’s simple and secure. To get started, simply call us or pop into your nearest branch to request your User ID and we’ll talk you through the rest.

How is interest paid on Personal Accounts

Interest on Personal Accounts is paid at the gross rate with no tax deducted.

How is interest paid on Business Accounts

Interest will be paid at the gross rate. The receipt of interest gross by a company will not prevent that interest from being liable to corporation tax. For information regarding tax or how to make a self-assessment tax return, please contact HMRC.

How does the Personal Savings Allowance affect me?

On 6th April 2016, HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) made changes to the way savers earn interest and pay tax. They introduced a new Personal Savings Allowance. Here you can find answers to the questions you might have about the Personal Savings Allowance.

The introduction of the new Personal Savings Allowance means that from 6th April 2016 most people no longer pay tax on their savings income. Basic rate tax payers have a £1,000 tax-free allowance while higher rate tax payers are able to earn £500 tax free.

From this date, The Cambridge stopped deducting tax from the interest you pay on your savings. If your total taxable income is less than the current £17,000 allowance you will pay no tax at all on your savings income.

If you have previously completed a form to receive interest tax-free (an R85/R105) you will no longer need to do so from April 2016. Interest that relates to periods before April 2016 but paid afterwards will not have tax deducted.

What should I do if I earn savings income over my Personal Saving Allowance?

If you have any savings income over your Personal Savings Allowance you will have to pay some tax on this. HMRC will normally collect the tax by changing your tax code. If you already fill in a self-assessment tax return you should carry on doing this and include any income from savings on your return.