What could you get?
Your interest rate will be 1.50%
Your estimated balance after 1 years will be 21,546.55
This estimate is for illustration purposes only and assumes your savings are paid in on the 1st of the month, that the deposit is of the same value, there are no withdrawals and the interest is added to your savings balance
The minimum investment required to open the account is £100
Extra Reward Regular Saver
What is the interest rate?
We pay interest on the maturity date, which is one year from the date of your initial deposit.
We calculate the interest on the balance of your account at the end of each day.
|Minimum investment||Gross p.a. / AER %|
You earn interest from the day you pay funds into your account until the day before your Extra Reward Regular Saver matures.
Can The Cambridge change the interest rate?
The interest rate is fixed until the maturity date. Your account will mature one year from the date of your initial deposit.
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months with a £3,000 deposit?
The following projection is based on the account being opened on 1st January and depositing £250 on the first day of each month for 12 months. Projections are for illustrative purposes only and do not take into account individual circumstances.
Gross p.a. / AER %
Estimated balance after 12 months
How do I open and manage my account?
Opening the account:
- to open an Extra Reward Regular Saver you must have held a savings or mortgage account with The Cambridge for at least three years
- open in branch, by phone or via post
- you may only hold one Regular Saver account with the Society at any one time, this includes our Regular Saver, Reward Regular Saver and Extra Reward Regular Saver
- the minimum amount required to open the account is £100
- save up to £3,000 (£250 per month)
- the overall maximum holding by any one person in respect of all accounts with The Cambridge is £2,000,000
Manage the account:
- manage your account in branch, by phone or via post
- you can pay in cash and cheques and make debit card payments at any of our branches or you can transfer funds from an existing Cambridge Building Society account
- you may make as many deposits as you like each month, however the total must not exceed £250. There is no penalty for missing a month but you will lose your deposit allowance for that month
- to ensure payments count for the relevant month please make all deposits between the 1st and 25th of the month. Any payments that take your account over the maximum monthly balance will be returned to you in full and the method we return this by will be at our discretion
- you can view and amend your details online or via The Cambridge money app. Once registered you can also use our online services to manage your account
Can I withdraw money?
Withdrawals aren’t permitted during the fixed rate term. Closure is allowed subject to a 90 day interest penalty fee. This will be taken from your capital balance if you haven’t built up enough interest at the time of closure.
Upon maturity the balance including any accrued interest will transfer to an appropriate instant access account available at the time and provide instant access to your money.
No tax will be automatically deducted from the interest paid on this account.
You may need to pay tax on any interest that exceeds your Personal Savings Allowance. For more information please contact HMRC.
Tax treatment and rate of interest payable will depend on individual circumstances and may change in the future.
Here is some important information to review before you open your account:
Product terms and conditions
Please read all the terms and conditions for this product
Savings terms and conditions
Please read The Cambridge Building Society’s savings terms and conditions
Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). The FSCS can pay compensation to you if a building society is unable to meet its financial obligations.
Please read the FSCS Information Sheet. It provides basic information about the protection of your savings deposit.
The Extra Reward Regular Saver can be opened in branch, by phone or via post.
Let our experts get your account up and running
Simply call us on:
0345 601 3344 Open today at 8:30 am
You will need to provide:
- a mobile number
- an email address
- payment to open the account
To open an account in branch pop in and speak to one of the team.Find a branch
To apply by post download, print and complete the application form below.Savings Application Form Bond.pdf
Post the form, along with your cheque deposit (made payable to the account holder e.g. Mr A Anon).
Simply address your envelope (using upper case letters) to:
FREEPOST THE CAMBRIDGE BUILDING SOCIETY
Need help? Let us call youMy name is , I am .
Please call me on , We will only use the information you provide to respond to your request. Your personal information will not be used for any other purpose.
Send me details
of the Extra Reward Regular Saver (0)
We promise not to give your email to anyone else