What could you get?
Your interest rate will be 1.50%
Your estimated balance after 1 years will be 21,546.55
This estimate is for illustration purposes only and assumes your savings are paid in on the 1st January, no further deposits or withdrawals are made and the interest is added to your savings balance
2 Year Fixed Rate ISA (Issue 22)
What is the interest rate?
Your interest will be paid annually, on the 31st December and at maturity.
We calculate the interest on the balance of your cash ISA at the end of each day.
|Minimum investment||Tax-free p.a. / AER %|
You earn interest from the day your funds are paid into your account, until the day before you withdraw funds.
Can The Cambridge change the interest rate?
The interest rate is fixed until the maturity date. Your account will mature two years from the date of your initial deposit.
What would the estimated balance be after 24 months with £1,000 deposit?
The following projection assumes the account is opened on 1st January and no further deposits or withdrawals are made. Projections are for illustrative purposes only and do not take into account individual circumstances.
Tax-free p.a. / AER %
Estimated balance after 24 months
How do I open and manage my account?
Opening the account:
- open in branch, by phone or via post
- the minimum amount required to open the account is £500
- you may transfer in funds from another ISA provider or funds already held in an ISA with The Cambridge up to 5th April 2020
- the overall maximum holding by any one person in respect of all accounts with The Cambridge is £2,000,000
Manage the account:
- manage your account in branch, by phone or via post
- you can pay in cash and cheques and make debit card payments at any of our branches or you can transfer funds from an existing Cambridge Building Society account
- you may invest all or part of your 2018/2019 ISA subscription limit of £20,000 and all or part of your 2019/2020 ISA subscription limit of £20,000. Once opened, the initial investment can be added to during the 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 tax years only. Additional funds can’t be added to the account during subsequent tax years
- any payments we receive that exceed the annual subscription limits will be returned to you and the method we return this by will be at our discretion
- you can view and amend your details online or via The Cambridge money app. Once registered you can also use our online services to manage your account
Can I withdraw money?
You may withdraw cleared funds from your account at any time, but you will need to pay an interest penalty fee equivalent to 180 days' interest on the amount withdrawn.
Our normal branch limits for withdrawals are £500 in cash and up to £250,000 by cheque. Larger cheque withdrawals are available upon request. We require at least four working days before cheques paid into your account can be drawn against.
Upon maturity the ISA balance including any accrued interest will transfer to an appropriate instant access ISA available at the time and provide instant access to your money.
It’s important you understand how an ISA works, so take a look at our ISAs guide for more information.
Cash ISAs pay interest tax-free provided all terms and conditions of the account are met.
Tax treatment and rate of interest payable will depend on individual circumstances and may change in the future.
You can transfer your ISA with another provider to any of our on sale ISA products using this ISA Transfer Request form or this Stocks and Shares ISA Transfer Request form - depending on the current ISA you already have. This form will need to be completed in addition to the account application form of your chosen product.
Here is some important information to review before you open your account:
Product terms and conditions
Please read all the terms and conditions for this product
Savings terms and conditions
Please read The Cambridge Building Society’s savings terms and conditions
Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). The FSCS can pay compensation to you if a building society is unable to meet its financial obligations.
Please read the FSCS Information Sheet. It provides basic information about the protection of your savings deposit.
The 2 Year Fixed Rate ISA (Issue 22) can be opened in branch, by phone or via post.
Let our experts get your account up and running
Simply call us on:
0345 601 4021Open now until 8:30 pm
You will need to provide:
- a mobile number
- an email address
- payment to open the account
To open an account in branch pop in and speak to one of the team.Find a branch
To apply by post download, print and complete the application form below.ISA_Application_Form.pdf
Post the form, along with your cheque deposit (made payable to the account holder e.g. Mr A Anon).
Simply address your envelope (using upper case letters) to:
FREEPOST THE CAMBRIDGE BUILDING SOCIETY
Need help? Let us call youMy name is , I am .
Please call me on +44(0) , We will only use the information you provide to respond to your request. Your personal information will not be used for any other purpose.
Send me details
of the 2 Year Fixed Rate ISA (22)
We promise not to give your email to anyone else