Your Savings Maturity
Your savings, your choice
By now you may have heard from us about your savings account reaching the end of its fixed term. We want to say thanks for saving with us, and have created this guide to talk you through your options and what the next steps are.
What can I do when my account matures?
You’ve worked hard for your savings so we want you to have the flexibility to do what you want with your money. You can decide to either:
- Reinvest into a new product with The Cambridge, you can take a look here to see our full range of savings accounts. For business account customers, our 1 Year Fixed Rate Business Bond (Issue 35) is exclusively available for those with maturing business bond accounts. If you need some guidance about the different types of savings accounts, check out our handy guide
- Transfer the balance to another one of your Cambridge Building Society accounts
- Transfer the balance to your nominated account (to add a nominated account, call the team on 0345 601 3344, you'll need to provide an email address and mobile number)
- Request a cheque for the full balance and close the account
Talk to a savings expert
Sometimes it’s nice to talk through things one on one - that’s why our savings experts are on hand to help. It’s useful to discuss your options, the different products available and to check whether you’re making the most of your money. Call us today on 0345 601 3344 or pop into your nearest branch.
I’ve made a decision – how do I let you know?
If you know what you’d like to do with your savings, just let us know by either:
- Calling us on 0345 601 3344
- Visiting your nearest branch
- Send a secure message via your online services. To get set up contact the team on 0345 601 3344 to request your User ID
- Print and complete a maturity form and return to us using our freepost address: FREEPOST THE CAMBRIDGE BUILDING SOCIETY. If you are paying savings into an ISA in the current tax year, you will need to download an ISA re-subscription form and return it with the maturity form.
If you’ve chosen to move your money to another savings product, please make sure you’ve read and understood the summary box and terms and conditions for that product.
I’m not sure yet, what happens next?
If you don’t want to make a decision right away that’s fine. On maturity, your savings will transfer into the maturity account named in the letter or email we’ve sent you. The terms and conditions and interest rates of our maturity accounts can be found below.
You can always get in touch with us if you know what you’d like to do at a later date.
Our maturity accounts