Cash for the Community - how to get a share of £12,000
We’ve once again teamed up with the Cambridge News to run our cash giveaway to the local community and this year the pot has been increased from £10,000 to £12,000!
Cash for the Community first launched six years ago as a way to offer financial support to local community groups as well as help raise awareness of the great work they do.
It allows us to donate to 16 worthy organisations that have not been selected to receive support through our current Partnership or Donation programmes.
The 16 groups in the running for a share of the £12,000 pot have now been chosen. They are:
- Home-Start Cambridgeshire
- Burwell Day Centre
- HPC MS Therapy Centre
- Bottisham Swimming Club
- Cambridge Breastfeeding Alliance
- Camms Meals on Wheels
- Little Miracles
- Cambridge Cruse Bereavement Care
- Arthur Rank Hospice Charity
- Little Bundles
- Centre 33
- Motor Neurone Disease Association Cambridgeshire Branch
- Action for Children
- Open Lunch Cafe
- Cambridge Breathe Easy Group
- Cambridge Hard of Hearing Club
You can read about last year’s beneficiaries and how much each received in this article covering the celebration event.
How were the 16 groups selected?
Our team members chose the first ten groups and drew up a shortlist of another ten groups that were put to an online public vote. The six with the most votes made up the rest of the 16 recipients.
How do the chosen 16 groups get a share of the £12,000?
Tokens will appear daily in the Cambridge News from Monday 24th July to Saturday 19th August and supporters of each group will be encouraged to collect as many as possible.
The amount of money given to each group will be determined by how many tokens we receive. The more tokens collected the more money the group will get!
Collected tokens can be dropped in to any of our branches or the Cambridge News offices.
We will need to receive all tokens by 12pm on Thursday 24th August.
The £12,000 will then be divided by the total number of tokens received which will give a value for each token. The total number of tokens for each group will then be counted and the total sum will be given to each of the organisations at our Cash for the Community presentation which will take place early in September. Two representatives from each of the groups will be invited to attend the presentation event.
- Time to get your application in: Monday 3rd July – Monday 10th July (Deadline 5pm)
- Public decides on final six (via online poll): Thursday 13th – Sunday 16th July (11.59pm)
- Successful groups contacted and profiled in Cambridge News: Week commencing Monday 17th July
- Tokens printed in paper Monday 24th July – Saturday 19th August
- Deadline to return tokens: Thursday 24th August (12pm)